Thursday 30 September 2010

Where I am coming from... ♥

I am not always confident as I may seem, in fact I am quite shy. It is difficult to achieve a form of image confidence as being in my 20’s it’s the time of tremendous change and uncertainty. But I am probably sure to look back when I am older, and think I was alright.

On days when pissed with my face, body, or even life I look for inspiration in magazines, tele, films and any form of media for who I can be today. All girls do it! Today, I thought I would share with you main inspirations, the women whom I love.

Edie Sedgwick
Edie was an American actress, socialite, and model. She was born in 1943 and died when she was 28 in a mental institution of a drug overdose. To be honest, her life started and ended sadly but in between she had to most fascinating and iconic life experiences. She is best known for being one of Andy Warhol's superstars. Dubbed an "It Girl" by Vogue magazine who also named her a "Youthquaker".She had a short dark pixie crop, deathly black eyes with corner points, the palest face, nude lips and of course her loveable quirky fashion. . Among varied looks you will find of Edie in photographs, those showcasing her heavily mascaraed kohl-rimmed eyes remain among the most popular.

 Edie. "To me, New York was Jackson Pollock sipping vodka and dripping paint onto a raw canvas."




Sophia Loren
Sophia Loren was born in 1934 is a star actress. Where as I think I am like Edie in personality and style, I aspire to be Sophia Loren. She is a secure strong woman who seeps sophistication, elegance, and femininity. She is naturally unique, wears thick black eyeliner, and the thing I am most jealous of  is...her perfect eyebrows. I have always had my eyebrows waxed but recently opted for threading ( except when I am on my period as I am a weakling, and find it to painful! Lol.) and my eyebrows transform into that sexy shape that I have always adored. When my eyebrows grow between threading, I fill them in with eye shadow to increase the solidity of the shape.

Sophia. "To me, New York was Jackson Pollock sipping vodka and dripping paint onto a raw canvas."




Vivienne Westwood
Dame Vivienne Westwood is a British fashion designer and businesswoman, largely responsible for bringing modern punk and new wave fashions into the mainstream.I adore her and her fashion possibly more. I own a Vivienne Westwood necklace, that my boyfriend bought me for our first Christmas and it is just the best.  I am continually fascinated and love her ecletic designs even today, however the collection eerier I indulge in is Pirate collection in 1981. It is very much new romantic. I adore wearing my metallic eye shadows with a bronzed face, and the painting on the cheek is very Gaga. Her fashion sense is unruley and exciting, she is not afraid to be different. Westwood designs aren't just crazy though, each item involves intelligence, research and ethos. Different clothes for special people.

Vivenne. "Fashion is very important. It is life-enhancing and, like everything that gives pleasure, it is worth doing well."



 If I could be as beatuiful and adored as much as this women, I would be truly happy. But my Mummy loves me, so that is just as fine! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts my lovlies!